Chewy Granola bar – gluten, egg, dairy, soy, peanut and tree nut-free
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 3 tbsp of hot water
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅓ to ½ cup of granulated sugar (depending on how
sweet you want it)
- 1¾ cup of gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup of gluten-free puffed rice cereal
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup of dairy-free margarine or coconut spread melted
- ½ cup of allergy-free mini chocolate chips or raisins *optional
Preheat the oven to 180°C
- In a small bowl combine flaxseed and hot water. Let it sit for 5 minutes. This will act as the egg.
- In a large bowl combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, oats, sugar and rice cereal. Mix until combined.
- Add honey, vanilla, flaxseed mixture, and melted margarine.
- Mix until the batter is moist.
- Pour into a greased square pan and pat down to make sure it is even.
- Bake for 17–20 minutes. It will be slightly soft but will harden upon cooling.
- Slice in half and then into ten granola bars.