Egg-free muffins – peanut, tree nut, egg, soy (if using chocolate, some chocolate contains soy lecithin), fish, and shellfish – free. Contains dairy and wheat.
Recipe by Ruth LovettSmith
Best Allergy Sites
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup half and half (or light cream, milk, or milk substitute)
- ½ cup applesauce (you can also try mashed ripe banana)
- ½-1 cup chocolate chips (we use mini chips, you can also use blueberries or other fruit instead)
- Preheat oven to 180˚C. Use muffin liners or lightly grease 12 large muffin cups or 24 small ones.
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients except chocolate chips (or fruit if using).
- When batter is mixed, add in enough chocolate chips (or fruit) to suit your tastes.
- Batter should be thick but not too dry. If it’s dry, try adding a small amount of additional applesauce or half and half.
- Spoon batter into prepared cups filling halfway. We like to sprinkle the tops with a bit of brown sugar and some mini chips.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes until muffins raise and set.