Privacy at Mylan
At Mylan your privacy is important to us. We are committed to ensuring that information we hold about you is held securely and that your confidentiality is protected.
Mylan is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act 1988, while Mylan New Zealand is bound by the 12 Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act 1993. This policy explains how we treat information that we hold about you. It details the types of information we collect, how we may use that information and who we allow to access it. In addition to this policy we will on occasions provide you with specific statements about how we use particular information that we collect from you.
What information does Mylan collect about you?
The types of information we ask you for will depend on the type of relationship we have with you and may include the following:
If you are a doctor or pharmacist:
- your name, profession, business address and other contact information
- any comments or suggestions you have regarding our products
- details gathered during calls made by our sales representatives to you to ensure we provide you with a personalised service
- statistical details regarding prescriptions given or filled by you
- details of samples you request from us, and
- (for pharmacists) financial information required for purchases of our products.
If you are an individual consumer:
- your name and contact details, and
- any personal information you provide to us which is relevant to your query or complaint. This may include health information you expressly consent to provide us.
We only collect information that is reasonably necessary for the activities listed in Part 3. We will usually collect your personal information directly from you, unless it is not reasonable or practical to do so, or you have consented to us obtaining the information from someone else.
You need not give us any of the personal information about you or any other person which may be requested in our communications with you, however your failure to provide requested information may affect our ability to provide you with products, services or any further information you have requested. You may also choose to communicate with us using a pseudonym, however doing so may also affect our ability to provide you with health services relevant to your needs. Where you elect to use a pseudonym or use the website anonymously, we may subsequently contact you and require details of your real identity where we need them to fulfil any legal requirements.
Use and disclosure of your personal information
We use your personal information to:
- efficiently administer and manage the products and/or services we provide to you
- provide you with information about other products and/or services that may be of benefit to you
- respond to any queries or complaints
- statistically analyse the distribution of our products,
- facilitate our internal business operations, including fulfilment of any legal requirements (for example, submitting information to the Adverse Drug Reaction Advisory Committee (“ADRAC”) in Australia or the Centre for Adverse Reactions Monitoring (“CARM”) in New Zealand); and
- which is also health information for the purposes of conducting research relevant to public health and/or safety, to compile and analyse statistics relevant to public health and/or to provide you with a health service, all in a manner permitted by Australian or New Zealand law, as the case may be.
We may disclose your personal information:
- to our agents, contractors or third party service providers that provide financial, legal, administrative or other services in connection with the operation of our business, for example mailing houses, software developers, IT maintenance providers and solicitors,
- where acting in good faith, we believe that the law requires or permits us to do so (e.g. to law enforcement agencies, ADRAC, CARM, or government auditors), or
- if you consent.
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Your information is stored securely whether in an electronic or physical form. For example, only staff needing access to the information are allowed access. Your personal information is stored in secured premises or in electronic databases requiring logins and passwords. Your personal information will be permanently de-identified or destroyed if it is no longer required for any purpose set out in Part 3, keeping in mind that some information must be kept for a number of years to comply with legal requirements.
Access and correction
You can request access at any time to personal information we hold about you. We will process your request within a reasonable time and will not charge you for providing access to your personal information, correcting the information or associating the correction with the relevant personal information. You may ask us at any time to correct personal information held by us about you, which you believe is irrelevant to the purposes set out in Part 3, inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
We try to ensure that all information we hold about you, which we collect, use or disclose is relevant to the purposes for which it has been collected, accurate, complete and up to date. You must promptly notify us if there are any changes to your personal information.
Mylan Pty Limited
PO Box R1462
Royal Exchange Post Office NSW 1225
Tel +61 2 9298 3999
Fax +61 2 9566 4686
|In New Zealand:
Human Resources Manager
Mylan New Zealand Ltd
PO Box 11183
Ellerslie, Auckland 1542
Tel +64 9 579 2792
Fax +64 9 579 7072
EpiPen® is a registered trademark of Mylan, Inc,. EpiPen® and EpiPen® Jr. are distributed in Australia by Alphapharm Pty Ltd (trading as Mylan Australia) ABN 93 002 359 739, 30 The Bond, 30 -34 Hickson Road, Millers Point NSW 2000, Australia, Phone (02) 9298 3999, Customer Service Phone: 1 800 274 276, and in New Zealand by Mylan New Zealand Limited, 2B George Bourke Drive Mt Wellington, Auckland 1060, New Zealand, Phone: +64 9 579 2792, Customer Service Phone: 0800 579 811. www.mylan.co.nz.